The Malm House

A significant part of the museum’s collection is found in the Malm House. Here one can become acquainted with the town’s seafaring history and the history of the Malm trading house. The exhibition displays, for instance, period interiors from the late 19th century, ship portraits and ship models.

The museum also displays an exhibition about the town history. A museum shop is open during the museum’s opening hours.


The Malm House was built between 1836 and 1838 by ship-owner and merchant Peter Malm. The building is designed by architect Anders Fredrik Granstedt.

The so called “Little building” is a typical house from the late 18th century. It is built of logs and is plastered. The building houses a veteran collection and is open by agreement.

One of the outbuildings houses a general store, a worker’s home from the 1950’s and an old hairdressing salon. The building also contains a farmer’s cottage and a tackle workshop.

The Museum gift shop


Vi använder cookies för att göra din upplevelse på sidan så trevlig som möjligt.

Om du vill läsa vår integritetspolicy och vilka cookies vi använder så hittar du den nedan.