About the museum
The Jakobstad-Pietarsaari museum was founded in 1904. The museum has a broad range of activities with several sites to visit.
The Museum office is located nearby the Malm House at Storgatan. The musuem’s administration, photo archive, library and document archive are found in the Museum office. The house between the Museum office and the Malm House is called the Little Building contains a veteran collection.
Take a tour in Jakobstad (in Swedish)
The Malm House is the main exhibition fascility and is furnished as a shipowner’s home. The museum also show the town history and has a gift shop. An outbuilding and a farmhand’s cottage also belongs to the Malm House. In the outbuilding, the museum exhibits five permanent exhibitions; a general store, a hairdressing salon and a worker’s home, reflecting the 1950’s, a farmer’s cottage representing the turn of the 20th century and a tackle workshop (a room where sails, ropes and other implements for the sailing ships were stored).